The National Unity Platform Party President Robert Kyagulanyi Ssentamu while in America has encouraged Ugandans to read books in order to break the saying if you want to hide anything from an African, put it in a book!
Kyagulanyi said that often times it is difficult to read, but life is about challenging ourselves to do what we fear, hate or dread, as long as it will help us move out of our comfort zone and make positive progress.
He made a list of ten (10) books that he recommended for all Ugandans to read especially within the next six months of this year and they include;
- Animal Farm (George Orwell)
- The Autobiography of Malcolm X (Malcolm X and Alex Haley)
- Constitutional and Political History of Uganda (George W. Kanyeihamba)
- Roots of Instability in Uganda (Samwiri R. Karugire)
- Red Notice (Bill Browder)
- Betrayed by My Leader (Rtd. Maj. John Kazoora)
- Another Fine Mess: America, Uganda, and the War on Terror (Helen Epstein)
- From Dictatorship to Democracy (Gene Sharp)
- The Correct Line? Uganda under Museveni (Olive Kobusingye)
- The Struggle for Freedom and Democracy Betrayed (Miria Matembe)